Sites we like
Some links to blogs, articles and pictures of women, their struggles and achievements,
from east London to worldwide.
• Powerful pictures of women fighting for their right to vote (https://www.buzzfeed.com)
• Amazing pictures from ‘The Women's Library collection’. https://www.flickr.com/photos/lselibrary/sets/72157660822880401/
• Article investigating the campaign of terror orchestrated by the Edwardian suffragette movement, which asks why it has been neglected by historians http://www.historytoday.com/fern-riddell/weaker-sex-violence-and-suffragette-movement
• A blog about where to find historic locations connected to Sylvia Pankhurst and the East End Suffragettes in east London. https://inspiringcity.com/2015/11/25/sylvia-pankhurst-and-the-east-end-suffragettes-historic-locations-and-where-to-find-them/
• Website from the Roman Road Trust, an organization working on the urban rejuvenation of Roman Road, which features local heroes and heroines as well as his/her-storic information.
• The Fawcettsociety is the UK’s leading charity campaigning for gender equality and women’s rights.
• Great article on about men who supported universal suffrage for women. These included leading politicians, intellectuals as well as church leaders, army officers, academics and writers.